OBJECTIVES OF THIS SCHOOL YEAR
1 To improve the homework policy.
2 To enhance students’ self-directed learning ability and develop their self-directed learning habits.
3 To optimize hidden curriculum to develop students’ varied talents.
4 To embed positive education in the English curriculum.
5 To enhance students’ spelling skills and develop their phonemic awareness.
In addition to our school-based English development and in line with our curriculum focus of enhancing learning and teaching effectiveness, we have joined a variety of programmes. In order to build our students’ confidence in English, we encourage students to join different activities and competitions.
Regular Reading and writing programme
- PLP-R/W programme for P1 to P3 students which is co-taught by our NET, Mr Edward and our local English teachers.
- School-based curriculum for P4 to P6 students which is enhanced by several programmes.
REEL to REAL (R2R): Learning English and Developing 21st Century Skills through Film-making (Organised by NET Section, EDB)
QEF Project Promoting primary school English teachers’ assessment literacy: developing primary students’ ability to assess and improve their learning of English and 21st century skills supported with e-learning tools (Organised by CUHK)
Students experience innovative and interesting learning activities which develop their 21st century skills. They enjoy fun learning activities with advanced e-learning tools to develop reading and writing skills.
Regular Speaking and listening programme
- P.1-3 Phonics lesson to enhance students’ spelling and dictation skills with multi-sensory tools and decodable readers which is co-taught by our NET, Ms Akriti and our local English teachers.
- P.4-6 A reading and speaking lesson which is co-taught by our NET, Ms Akriti and our local English teachers per week.
Students have more exposure in English speaking environment and have more interaction with our NETs to equip students to speak English with confidence.
Activities and Competition
- English Fun Days
- SCOLAR activities
- English activity during recess time
- English morning assembly
- Story-telling during morning reading session
- Buddy-reading Programme
- English Ambassador Programme
- Joyful English Classes (P.1-3) and English Elite Classes (P1-6) after school
- Participating in Cambridge English Exam, Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival and Hong Kong School Drama Festival